CCS Essentials for Regulators, Government Policy Makers, and Non-Technical Professionals
The course will equip non-CCS technical professionals, regulators, policy makers and government officials working within or around the CCS ecosystem with an understanding of the essential elements of Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS). It will explore a range of subjects including the fundamentals of CCS, common misconceptions surrounding CCS, the complexities and opportunities specific to CCS and an exploration of CCS projects around Australia, both onshore and offshore.
The course will provide attendees with the skills required to understand and proficiently evaluate, at a strategic and conceptual level, the technical, regulatory, economic and environmental aspects surrounding CCS. This course will equip policy makers and other non-technical professionals with the knowledge necessary for them to make better informed decisions and to create more effective policies related to CCS.
- 4 Hour Course in Melbourne, though we can travel interstate to accommodate large group sessions for individual departments or groups.
- Seats are usually limited to 30 to give the best experience to the attendees.
- Courses will be run every two (2) months or subject to demand.
- Next available date – TBA
- What is CCS?
- Is CCS really necessary?
- Comparison between CCS & petroleum exploration and regulation.
- Examples of viable and non-viable traps and trapping around Australia.
- Project examples – what works, what doesn’t.
- Discussing the needs of workshop participants with regard to CCS.
- In-person course comprising a mixture of lectures, case studies and discussion. Questions are encouraged.
- Digital copy of the presentation slides after the event.
- Digital certificate of attendance for all attendees.
- A post session survey to all attendees.
- Morning or afternoon tea will be provided.
Government officials, politicians, policy makers, regulators, as well as non-technical professionals who are interested in increasing their knowledge of CCS. No prior knowledge of CCS is required.
This course is pitched at non-specialist individuals who wish to gain a better, holistic understanding of the entire CCS project lifecycle, from site selection to decommissioning, including the interactions of the technical and regulatory requirements.
Government Officials & Regulators: Complimentary
Non-technical Professionals: $995*
*Prices exclude GST
Please note, minimum numbers will be required to run all events.
Need tailored training for your team? Get in touch to discuss in-depth technical training for your team.
Subscribe to our newsletter to hear more about CO2CRC courses and our latest research findings in low emissions technologies.