Advanced CO2 storage course
Expand your understanding of the intricacies and challenges in CO2 storage and how to effectively develop and manage CO2 storage sites with the most comprehensive CO2 storage course we offer, including field experience at a working CO2 storage facility.
CO2CRC’s Advanced CO2 Storage Course will give you powerful insights and skills that can be applied instantly to CO2 storage site selection, development and operations.
Designed for CO2 storage site project managers, senior geologists and engineers and delivered by CO2CRC’s world-class experts, this course focuses on building a high-performance CO2 storage site development team and enhancing individual subsurface storage skills.
This course will delve into the detailed technical considerations in the selection and development of a CO2 storage site, including topics such as geological modelling, risk analysis, subsurface monitoring, and long-term verification. Further, consideration of regulatory requirements, environmental impacts and storage economics are also addressed. Participants will gain a profound understanding of the similarities and, significantly, the crucial differences in the development of a CO2 storage site compared to oil and gas site development, using site-specific case studies that CO2CRC have used ourselves to hone our CO2 storage skills. This course will equip participants with the expertise needed to navigate the complexities of CO2 storage confidently, elevating their skills and knowledge in this pivotal field through engaging workshop-style lessons and practical applications.
This Advanced CO2 Storage course also includes a field trip to western Victoria to visit CO2CRC’s Otway International Test Centre (OITC) and see the nearby 12 apostles. The OITC is where groundbreaking CO2 storage technology and industry expertise converge. Participants will gain an unparalleled opportunity to gain firsthand insights into the latest advancements shaping our industry and access state-of-the-art facilities and real-world testing scenarios. The Otway International Test Centre transforms this training course into an immersive, forward-looking experience that empowers participants to see CO2 storage developments in action.
Day 1 – Melbourne: 9:00am – 5:00pm (AEST)
Day 2 – Melbourne: 9:00am – 3:00pm (AEST)
Workshop-style course in Melbourne, comprising a mixture of lectures, case studies and group tasks.
Day 3 – CO2CRC Otway International Test Centre, in western Victoria (7:00am – 5:30pm).
Seats are limited to 20 to give the best experience to the attendees.
Next available date: 12 – 14 March 2024
Two or more teams competing in workshop-style training environment
- Day 1 – Basin screening, geological modelling, and reservoir modelling; all utilising relevant CO2 storage case studies
- Day 2 – Risk management, storage monitoring techno-economic design, and contingency planning; all utilising relevant CO2 storage case studies
– Early departure on day 2 for a site visit
- Day 3 – Early rise to see 12 Apostles, followed by site tour of the Otway International Test Centre.
- Twenty (20) hours of visual and verbal learning, and CO2 storage field experience facilitated by CO2 storage experts.
- Hard copy of presentation materials at the start of the course
- Digital copy of all presentation materials after the course
- Digital certificate of attendance for all attendees
- Morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea on 1st and 2nd days
- Return bus transport from Melbourne to the Otway International Test Centre
- Overnight accommodation in Warrnambool
- Meals throughout the visit to the Otway International Test Centre
- Project Managers seeking to increase their knowledge of CO2 project development.
- Senior geologists, reservoir engineers, and well engineer
Prior knowledge of CCS will be required, and CO2CRC strongly recommend undertaking our fundamental CCUS or general CO2 storage course before undertaking this progression in developing CO2 storage capabilities.
- Attendees will gain advanced knowledge of the technical, regulatory, and economic aspects of CO2 storage and the invaluable opportunity to apply this in developing commercial CO2 storage projects both in Australia and Internationally.
The program fee covers tuition, meals, as well as bus transport and accommodation at CO2CRC’s Otway International Test Centre.
CO2CRC members: $6,450*
*Prices exclude GST
Please note, minimum participant numbers will be required to run this event.
REGISTRATION OPENING SOON
Need tailored training for your team? Get in touch to discuss in-depth technical training for your team.
Subscribe to our newsletter to hear more about CO2CRC courses and our latest research findings in low emissions technologies.