CO2CRC is excited to announce our student scholarship program. This program is designed to encourage students to continue studying science and maths subjects, with a view to students undertaking careers in the STEM professions.
These scholarships will assist the next generation reach academic goals and open doors to future career paths.
Girls Studying STEM – VCE Scholarship
The objective of this scholarship is to support girls to continue studying science and maths subjects in VCE Year 11 and Year 12. This scholarship is for students undertaking Year 11 in 2024. This scholarship aims to help narrow the gender gap and increase female participation in STEM careers.
There are up to four individual scholarships on offer for students enrolled in Year 11 in 2024.
- $2,500 per annum for Year 11 and Year 12
Scholarship funds are for educational resources including textbooks, IT expenses, stationery, school uniforms, school travel expenses, academic tutoring, extra-curricular activities will be considered i.e. school camp or excursion expenses.
Scholarship funds will be paid for as a reimbursement of actual expenses incurred, all expenses must be substantiated with a valid receipt for approved costs incurred during the scholarship period.
In addition to financial support, an academic mentor and work experience can be arranged on request.
- Two years (for Year 11 and Year 12)
- Evidence of successful completion of Year 11 subjects are a mandatory pre-requisite for Year 12 scholarship to be funded.
- Student must be a permanent Australian Resident or Citizen
- Student must reside in the State of Victoria. Two of the four scholarships available will be offered to students living in the Shire of Moyne or Shire of Corangamite. The other two scholarships are open to students living anywhere in the State of Victoria.
- Student must be female
- Student must undertake at least two of the following subjects in VCE Year 11 and Year 12:
– Mathematical Methods
– Specialist Mathematics
- Student must demonstrate an interest and aptitude for science or mathematics
- The student’s family must be in financial need. Evidence of financial hardship will be sought at offer stage, after attendance at interview.
- Suitable evidence of financial hardship may include Parent/Guardian eligibility for Government Pension/Centrelink income support and must include evidence of total household income being less than $95,000 per annum (most recent tax return for parents/guardians to be provided along with an estimate for current year income and statement of net assets).
- Letter of Support from a teacher/school curriculum coordinator
- The student must not be a current recipient of other financial scholarships.
How to apply:
The student applicant is required to write a letter to the Chief Financial Officer of CO2CRC Limited addressing the selection criteria, maximum length of application should be two A4 pages typed. The student should include information about themselves, their interests, what they enjoy about learning and any further study or career aspirations they currently have.
Outline why they would be a good candidate for an academic scholarship, their motivation and interest in studying science and maths and why they require financial support. Describe how the scholarship will help them. Include any other information that is deemed relevant for consideration.
Attach to the letter the following:
- Copy of academic transcript/school reports for the last year
- Letter of Support from a current teacher or school curriculum coordinator
The application letter should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- After the application is lodged it will be assessed against the criteria.
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to participate in an online interview (the student should be accompanied by a parent/guardian). If a student is not living with their family and their parents are not able to participate, a teacher or their primary carer should attend the interview.
- Successful applicants will be notified by 18th December 2023. Applicants must provide relevant evidence of financial hardship prior to the final awarding of the scholarship.
- Scholarship funds will be provided on reimbursement of expenses incurred for the relevant school year.
Only four scholarships are available for 2024, applications are therefore likely to be competitive and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Thank you for your interest in our scholarship program.
Application Closing Date:
27th NOVEMBER 2023.
More scholarships to be announced shortly.
Need tailored training for your team? Get in touch to discuss in-depth technical training for your team.
Subscribe to our newsletter to hear more about CO2CRC courses and our latest research findings in low emissions technologies.